Potatoes. A cheap and easy vegetable that is just so damn good. I normally make mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes at the house for us, and I had to share these because they are delicious and super easy but with a fun twist! Fennel and rosemary potatoes. Not something you’d probably see together, but the other day I decided to experiment, and the whole fam loved it, which means it obviously needed to show up on the blog!
I normally use yukon golds for these because I recommend keeping the skin on. You could easily use red potatoes as well! They are lemony, fragrant, and crowd pleaser. Definitely one to keep in your back pocket for quick dinner sides!
- Yukon Gold Potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp of fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add sliced potatoes into a large bowl. Put in the avocado oil, the fennel seeds, salt, pepper, and rosemary leaves. Squeeze the half of the lemon juice in and give it all a good toss to make sure it’s coated really well.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, and layer the potatoes in one single layer. Make sure to not overlap them so they actually roast and not steam.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, and then flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes! Totally optional, but you can sprinkle more lemon juice on the potatoes before serving!
When you make the recipe, please SHARE with me though Facebook or Instagram! And don’t forget to pin it so you can find this easily and share with others!