Butter Chicken Masala Pizza
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! About 6-8 weeks ago, I had randomly told Aria on a friday night, “wouldn’t it be fun if we had pizza and movie night on Friday nights?”. I had totally said it in passing, but she loved the idea so much that she basically ran with it. And every Friday since then, she wants pizza and movie night. It’s hard to say no because I know I will treasure these nights when they decide that hanging out with their friends is cooler than hanging with us! But, I knew that I couldn’t just eat plain ol’ Dominoes every week. So I had to get creative with some things on hand to make more exciting pizzas! So I bring you my butter chicken masala pizza. Easy to throw together, but such a fun twist thrown on a regular pizza for a much more delicious pie!
I found this jar of Maya Kaimal butter masala sauce in my pantry, and that’s basically how the idea was born. I knew if I could get some chicken and some tandoori naan, I could make it happen! And it’s honestly really that simple. But I love fun meals that get invented out of sheer necessity and a touch of boredom!
Not sure what I’m making tonight, but I technically have all this stuff on hand, so it might just be this pizza again!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder (A)
- 1 tsp of cumin powder (B)
- 1 tsp of coriander powder (C)
- 1/2 tsp of red chili powder (D)
- 1 tsp of sea salt (E)
- 1 tsp of avocado oil or avocado oil spray
- For the pizza
- Maya Kaimal Butter Masala Sauce
- Tandoor Naan (I also recommend getting the garlic one if they have it!)
- 1/8 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1. Marinate the chicken thighs in spices A-E. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- 2. Preheat the oven for 400.
- 3. In a small pan, add the avocado oil on medium to high heat. Cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked.
- 4. Slice chicken into thin, bite size pieces and add into a bowl. Add about 1-2 tbsp of the butter masala sauce and mix until chicken is thoroughly coated in the sauce.
- 5. On a piece of naan spread some of the butter masala sauce (like you would pizza sauce).
- 6. Add the toppings. First the chicken, then the onions, and finally the cheese.
- 7. Bake for about 4-5 minutes.
- 8. Garnish with cilantro and serve!
When you make the recipe, please SHARE with me though Facebook or Instagram! And don’t forget to pin it so you can find this easily and share with others!