I often make fish or pork or chicken, and I love adding simple salsas on top to give it a little something extra. It’s summertime, and I know that corn and mangoes would make for the perfect salsa to add to any protein, or by itself! Basically like this one that is absolutely delicious on it’s own! Seriously, I could just eat this by itself out of the bowl with a spoon. So much flavor with just a few ingredients! The other day, I whipped this up in ten minutes while our trout cooked in the oven! Out came the fish, and the salsa was ready to be added to the top! Even the kids gobbled it up thanks to the juicy mango!
Nothing is faster and packs such a punch of flavor in such little time.
Watching both the kids and grilling outside isn’t really an option for me. So I always end up roasting my corn right on the flame of my burner like this and it is DAMN DELICIOUS.
I mean c’mon. That just looks so scrumptious.
- 1 mango, diced into small chunks
- 1 whole corn on the cob
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- A few basil leaves, torn
- 1/3 of a lime
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Take the husks off the corn. Grill or roast the corn however you choose and let it cool a little. (I do it on the stove!)
- Add the diced mango and onion into a bowl.
- After the corn has cooled a bit, slice off the kernels and also add to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime and add the garlic powder to the bowl. Add salt if you want. I didn't add any!
- Add the basil and mix together!
- Serve immediately.
- To make it creamier, add avocado!
- To make it spicier, sprinkle on crushed red pepper!
Don’t forget to pin it to your boards so you can find it even faster!
Do you have any salsas that you make with fruit that you absolutely love? I would love more ideas!