When life throws you a burger, eat it. I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what you should do after reading this recipe. These spicy chicken burgers are so dang moist and juicy. All the spices get toasted and then ground up to be added to the ground chicken, and its next level awesome guys.
I didn’t think I’d like using ground chicken for a burger, but I was so very wrong after making these. They are pretty clean, especially if you toss the bun and make it protein style wrapped in lettuce! These have definitely been added to my rotation because they are pretty simple, and take minutes to cook up on the stove. Don’t forget to make my fries to go with this! It’s the aioli from this recipe you see that’s dripping from these burgers.
- 1 lb Ground chicken
- Tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- Thumb of ginger, grated
- Coriander seeds, 1 heaped tsp
- Cumin seeds, 1 heaped tsp
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of EVOO
- 1 tbsp Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Put the cumin and coriander seeds into a dry frying pan over medium heat and roast until they are fragrant and have turned a shade darker. Transfer them to a mortar and grind to a coarse texture with the pestle.
- Add the ground chicken, jalapeño, chili powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, dry roasted spices, 1 cracked egg, EVOO, sea salt, and ground pepper into a mixing bowl. Knead it really well and combine thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours. If you can, marinate it overnight!
- Divide into 4 portions. Heat a frying pan or a griddle, and shallow-fry the burgers about 3-4 minutes on each side. Check to see that they are thoroughly cooked! Cut a burger to the middle because it should be white and zero traces of pink.
- Serve up on a toasted bun (or lettuce if you're avoiding carbs!) with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and a drizzle of my aioli!