Oven Roasted Trout
We eat fish around here pretty often, but my absolute favorite way to make it is just in the oven. Fish rarely takes any time to marinate or cook, so it’s always a quick and easy dinner for a busy weeknight. Add roasted veggies on the side, and you’ve basically got yourself an incredibly healthy meal. So I present you my oven roasted trout. This happens at least once a week, if not twice sometimes. You could also make this exact same recipe with salmon and it’d be just as good!
You can easily switch out the vegetables on the side to make it different, but we love some of my roasted cauliflower with this! I flake the fish and add it on top of rice for the kids with a little bit of ghee and it’s always a hit. #winning Super healthy and nutritious dinner that they gobble down is always a huge plus in my book. I normally make my aioli as well to top the fish with to give it a delicious sauce! I promise you, if you wanna cook fish during the week, this is one of the best ways to make it happen! It’s fast, simple, and easy.
- (I’m not going to write any amounts because I make this the exact same way whether I’m making it for myself or for the fam or for more people.)
- Trout, cut into individual portions
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Chili powder (optional)
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon slices
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Place your fish on top of some parchment paper and drizzle a little bit of EVOO.
- 3. Sprinkle all the seasonings on top of the trout. Place a thin slice of lemon on top of each piece.
- 4. Make sure to give each piece of fish a good toss to let the spices and the oil to coat it.
- 5. Get it in the oven and cook it about 10-11 minutes. The rule of thumb is 10 minutes for each inch of thickness, so if it’s a little thicker add minutes according to that .
- 6. Serve immediately! This tastes the best as soon as it comes out of the oven!
When you make the recipe, please SHARE with me though Facebook or Instagram! And don’t forget to pin it so you can find this easily and share with others!