Cauliflower. Seems to be a part of a recent craze or something like people have just discovered it! #fad Turning it into rice or pizza crust or gnocchi. #guilty But here’s the thing…I’ve been eating it my whole life because it’s a pretty popular vegetable in the indian culture! But oddly enough, I don’t love it in curries. I like it oven roasted because I’m a fan of that char! So with that said, I’m going to share how I make this spicy roasted cauliflower every week!
Getting to kids eat vegetables is pretty tricky…I’m sure as any parent would say. This vegetable happens to be one of my kids’ faves and the only reason I found out is because they kept stealing it off my plate whenever I made it! My husband is also not a fan of veggies, but cauliflower seems to be one he likes so it gets made A LOT in this house!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1.5 tbsp of Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 pinch of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400.
- 2. Get all the cauliflower in a bowl big enough to be able to to toss all the florets.
- 3. Add in the avocado oil, and then all the spices.
- 4. Give it a really good toss to make sure they all get coated nicely with the oil and spices, otherwise they won’t char up as much. If you see a couple of florets that didn’t get any love, feel free to individually spice those up.
- 5. Spread parchment paper on a baking sheet, and spread the cauliflower onto it in one layer. Sprinkle the cumin seeds right on top.
- 6. Put it in the oven for 21-23 minutes depending on how roasted you like it!
- 7. Garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
When you make the recipe, please SHARE with me though Facebook or Instagram! And don’t forget to pin it so you can find this easily and share with others!