It’s summer. And some of the best foods are during summer. The sweetest, juiciest fruits along with some of the best veggies! My fave has to be corn! It’s cheap, it’s versatile, and oh so good. I think I picked up 6 ears of corn the other day for $1!!! It doesn’t get cheaper than that guys!
I had elote a while back and wanted to re-create the recipe, and man, I was so excited when this came together so beautifully and tasted SO DAMN GOOD. I also made it for some family when they visited, and it was such a hit! I highly recommend you either make this for a potluck or serve it up at your next grill out event, cuz you will be the freakin’ rockstar.
You can even serve it up after you’ve cut it off the kernels, and that way people don’t have to worry about getting it stuck in their teeth if you’re serving this up at a shindig!
Alright, let’s get this thing started before you drool on the screen, cuz even I’m drooling as I type this up.
- 2-3 ears of corn, or more depending on how many people you plan on feeding (I do about one corn per person)
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 cup of cotija cheese, ideally grated by hand as small as possible so it sticks to the corn
- 1 tsp of Trader Joes’ chile lime seasoning blend (If you don’t have this, just use plain chili powder)
- 3 tbsp of finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime
- So if you’re super lucky and can grill outside, you can obviously roast up the ears of corn on the grill. But I was inside with the kids, and thanks to the Texas summer heat, I had no desire to be outside. So, I normally just cook them straight on the stovetop flame and let them get all charred up! Once they are done, set them aside.
- While these are cooking up, make the mayo rub that we will smother all over the corn. Start with the mayo in a bowl, and add in the grated cloves of garlic, and a pinch of salt.
- Once the ears of corn are done, rub the mayo spread all over the corn and make sure to get all sides!
- Roll it in the cobs in the cotija cheese, and sprinkle the chile lime seasoning on top.
- Squeeze lime juice over the corn, and sprinkle with the tiny cilantro pieces. Serve immediately.
Pin it for later!