Whole 30 Turkey Meatballs
Well, we are a couple of weeks into the new year…how are you guys doing with resolutions or goals?? I’m honestly SHOCKED to say that I’ve been doing okaaaaaaay. Still on Whole 30, started Orange Theory to get some fitness into my life that I’ll actually stick to, and fully trying to keep the entire family healthy! I mean, I honestly thought I was going to fail because you know, life. BUT, so far so good. And yes I’m aware that I’m only like 17 days into the new year, but it’s about 16 more than what I thought I would last! HAHA.
Being on Whole 30 is NO JOKE. I feel like I’m constantly needing to stay on top of it. I wanted to bring you guys my super easy meatball recipe because it’s perfect for that weeknight dinner. You can prep so much of it beforehand on the weekend if need be!
Not to mention, I’ve been using Pop and Cook’s portions during this Whole 30 to make my life easier. Creating and planning so many meals/snacks is no simple task, so I can use all the help and simplicity when it comes to the actual cooking, and that’s where these pods have made my life so much easier! They have a ton of options like garlic, ginger, basil, cilantro, and sauteed onions! YOU GUYS. Talk about a lifesaver. Just keep these in your freezer since they can last up to two years in there and just pop out a little tiny portion whenever you need it! UMMMMM, LOVE. You can just find them at your local Wal-Mart!
I basically want to shout about these amazing little things from the rooftops to all the mamas in the world.
Here’s a quick video on how quick and easy Pop and Cook portions are to use!
The best part about these is that you just pop them out of the package, and stick it back in the freezer. No mess, no fuss. THAT IS MY JAM Y’ALL.
These meatballs also don’t necessarily have to be Whole 30. I’ve made them in the past with breadcrumbs, and I’ll add in ketchup. But even without the assistance of both of those, these turn out SO unbelievably delicious!
Let’s get to it!!
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 2 portions of Pop and Cook Garlic, or alternatively two pods minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated or minced into tiny bits
- 1 cup of spinach, coarsely minced
- drizzle of EVOO
- 2 tsp of coriander powder
- 2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of chili powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Get all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix it all together.
- Rub a smidge of EVOO on your hands so you can make the meatballs easily otherwise, it’s nearly impossible to get those to be a round shape! Trust me, I learned the hard way! =)
- Place them on the parchment paper in rows, giving them space between each other.
- Pop into the oven for 20 minutes, making sure to flip them once halfway to get those nice brown edges on both sides!
Let them cool once they are done and serve with some marinara sauce and zoodles! Not doing whole 30? Put it on top of some pasta or in a meatball sub! That’s how I gave it to my kids and they gobbled it right up!
You can also make these ahead and keep them in the fridge til’ they are ready to be thrown into the oven. I also like to make batches so I can eat them for lunches or other quick dinners for the kids!
I can’t wait for you guys to give these a try! Do you have a favorite meatball recipe?? Share it with me in the comments! I’d love to hear other recipes!!
I LOVE this recipe!! I have made this at least 30 times! My daughter loves it too!
I make extras and pack it in her lunch box as a meatball sandwich.