A few weeks ago, I posted about this super easy Indian dish called Keema. It’s super easy, super delicious, and super versatile! BUT, after partnering with Pepperidge Farm and getting their Puff Pastry Sheets, I decided to take it to next level awesome!
I decided to put it into a puff pastry so I could use them for all the holiday parties coming up! These are some of the best appetizers with the flakiest of crusts! You guys…it’s mind blowing how good these are!
These little pockets of heaven are pretty easy to make, and can feed a crowd! So let’s get to it!!
You will need:
Prep: Start by making this keema! Once you’ve got this done, let it cool a little bit. =)
Now to actually making the puffs…
1. Start by thawing the puff pastry sheets, and preheating the oven to 375. Take them out of the package and let get a little soft so you can actually work with them. Lay them out, and cut into thirds on the perforations that are already there.
2. You want to then cut those strips, so that you end up with 9 little squares.
3. In each square, you’re going to add a little bit of keema. Then you’re going to fold from one corner to another to make a little triangle.
4. Next, you want to seal up these little guys. I like to squeeze them with my fingers, and then make pretty edges with a fork.
5. Line these up on a baking sheet lined with foil. And you want to give them a nice little egg wash before throwing them into the oven.
6. Pop these into the oven for 23- 25 minutes, and you’re set!!
You guys, these are such morsels of goodness!! They will great for football parties, holiday appetizers, or even as a side dish at Thanksgiving or Christmas! Super easy and versatile! And as I mentioned before, if you’re not into pork, switch it out for beef or turkey or chicken! It’ll be just as good, I swear!
Also, you can use any dipping sauce you want! You don’t actually need one since they are so good on their own but I love me some sauce guys! You can serve it with some cilantro or mint chutney if you have some on hand! But if you like to make your own, I highly recommend this dipping sauce I make!
Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1 bunch of cilantro, bottom stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp of water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Put them all in a magic bullet or a blender, and you’ve got this amazing sauce that is just going to blow you away!
I guarantee you will not be disappointed when you make these! Plus, if you serve them to guests, expect to run out! It’s impossible to have leftovers if you make these! =)