Easy Peasy Keema
Keema is a pretty regular Indian dish that gets made around our house frequently. It’s simple, fast, and super tasty. Plus you can eat it a million different ways! Not sure what it is? Keema is an Indian dish that is made with ground meat. You can choose from pork, turkey, beef, chicken, goat, or lamb! The possibilities of this dish are truly endless!
The other great thing about it is you can add all sorts of veggies like potatoes, peas, peppers, etc. I’m sure the ones who make it the traditional way would disagree, but I love switching this dish around to fit what we are wanting to eat that week. *READ: what veggies are in the fridge this week?.* #truth HA.
I love making Indian food at our house, because one of the best things about it is that there are always leftovers. My mom used to make so many dishes on every Sunday, which would easily get us to the middle of the week! I am starting to lean towards this plan because it makes the beginning of my week so much more easy! Not to mention the intense amount of flavors with Indian food!
- 1 lb of ground meat of your choice, the one pictured in this recipe is pork. (pork, chicken, turkey, beef, goat, lamb)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 idaho or red potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp of grated garlic
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- 1 tbsp of EVOO
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by heating a giant saute pan on medium- high heat. Add in 1 tbsp of EVOO. Once it's hot, add in the onions, ginger, and garlic. Saute until onions are slightly browned.
- Next, add in the ground meat and the spices. Saute until browned.
- Add in potatoes and peas, and give it a good stir. Add in the 1/4 cup of water. Give it one last stir.
- Cover with lid, and put it on low to simmer for about 20-25 minutes. Once the potatoes are pretty much soft, it's done and ready to eat!
- Serve with rice, naan, or roti (Indian tortillas).
Have you tried a dish like this? If not, give it a try because it’s absolutely worth it! Your palate will thank you!!