What’s In My Bag? – Toddler Edition
I’m at a really strange phase with the kids right now regarding what I need to lug around with me all day. I don’t really need a full on diaper bag, since Aria is potty-trained, and Rishi doesn’t really need diapers changes as often as he used to. I just normally try to keep diapers and wipes in the car when we are headed somewhere, so I can just change him in the car if need be, because I’m seriously icked out by public restrooms and changing tables in them. #vomit #gimmeallthelysol Like, ew. I just can’t.
So now I basically live out of two tote bags that I have. This one is my favorite cognac tote that I bought a few years back, that’s reversible. It’s versatile and pretty much goes with anything I own. Plus, it holds a ridiculous amount of stuff! I also have this smaller one that I scored for $8 on clearance at Old Navy which I like to use if I have less stuff. I have another cute backpack I use (similar to mine), but that’s if we’re doing something that requires us to be gone all day long like the zoo, or something similar.
But the question is what’s inside! I’m able to fit most everything into these tote bags and call it day. I love hearing about what other mamas put in their bags, since it is always intriguing to me how all of us are able to handle our little ones outside of the house, because I’ve learned so much from my little mama tribe by understanding what works for them and what doesn’t!
What’s In My Bag??
- Phone and headphones (not shown)
- Notebook -I love having something to jot down ideas whenever I’m out for the blog. For me, it definitely works better than typing it onto my phone. Just call me old-fashioned. I like me some pen and paper k? Kay.
- Sunglasses and a case – I love to keep a case because I’ve broken way too many sunglasses because I just throw them into my purse. =(
- Water – This is essential. I always like to keep water with me because living in Texas requires us to be mostly hydrated, especially when we have 100 degree days. I love FIJI Water and its smooth taste. Not to mention, FIJI Water will deliver to your house for free when you order online! Can’t get any more convenient or easier than that for us mamas!
- Band-aids – I have kids. They get lots of boo-boos. The end. =)
- Advil – I keep these to make sure I’m always prepared in case I have a headache or something because I know I need to always stay on point when the kids are with me!
- Sunscreen – As I said before, we face quite a bit of heat down here in Austin. It’s nice to just have some on hand in case we hit a sunny spot, and need to protect our skin!
- Tide-to-go Pen – Definitely need this in case those spills happen while I’m on my way to work, because the kids will inevitably spill something on me without a doubt.
- Snacks – such as Lara Bars or something that I can give myself or the kiddos that will keep us full for a little while.
- Chapstick – I love to use Baby Lips because of it’s super smooth feel and the fact that it also gives the lips a bit of shine!
- Lipstick – I like to keep at least one matte liquid lipstick on me in case I want to throw some of it on if the occasion calls for it!
- Visine – I have chronic dry eye so I always like to keep some eye drops with me just in case my eyes start to get super dry!
There are also a couple of thing that will get tossed around in this purse like some toy cars because #boymom, stickers, and potentially my planner if I’ve got room for it!
What’s in your bag?? No matter what the stage, it’s ever changing what I actually need to tote around with me. I’m sure this will change again as they get older but this definitely seems to be working for us now!
Pin it for future reference!!
I always carry a small notebook, too! And yes to snacks. I never leave the house without snacks.
Give me all the Tide pens and snacks too! Fiji water is seriously the best tasting bottled water too!
I love your bright photos! I have some of the same things in my bag! Great post!
This reminds me that I should carry bandaids. Love this post.