Easy Crockpot Asian Chicken
This chicken dish is bomb diggity. I couldn’t really call it anything specific, so I hedged my bets, and called it Asian Chicken. Clever, I know. =)
I think one of our favorite cuisines is Asian. I know that’s pretty wide-ranged but we like it all. Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, etc. Seriously, we will eat it all. All nights of the week if given the option. No kidding guys. Those are the leftovers that definitely go first!
This chicken somehow made it to that list! Whenever I make this, the leftovers disappear very quickly! Oh, and my kids gobbled it up too, so ya know how much of a winner that is if you have kids that are picky!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
It’s super simple to make and lasts for a few meals around here with just two pounds of chicken! Takes about 10 minutes of prep and about 4-ish hours of cook time and voila!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs (You can use breasts, but I really like thighs for this dish)
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- And inch of ginger, grated or minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl (I like to use a measuring cup so I can pour it right in!), mix soy sauce, vinegar, and the honey together. Throw in the onion, ginger, and garlic. Mix it all together and pour over the chicken.
- Cook it on high for 3.5-4 hours or slow for about 6 hours.
- When it’s done, shred the chicken with two forks inside the crockpot.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water together and pour into the crockpot and give it a good stir. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and you’ll notice it’ll thicken a bit.
- Serve over brown rice, white rice, quinoa, or couscous!! You can even make tacos with this meat because it’s so versatile!
- My chicken is normally ready to eat in about 3.5 hours so just keep a watchful eye on yours towards the end!
I always love to serve this chicken in a bowl over a quinoa/brown rice blend with cold cucumbers, red onions, peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, and a drizzle of sriracha. IT IS DELICIOUS. I do the same thing for my kids, sans the sriracha and they demolish it. #winning
Give it a try and let me know what you think! It’s finger lickin’ good friends!!! We’ve now had it two weeks in a row because we can’t get enough!
Pin it so you can reference back!