Did you know that August is national salad month? Who knew there was such a thing?! Nonetheless, I had to share this awesome and easy greek pasta salad, and I’m guessing the timing just worked out perfectly! It’s got three key components: easy, quick, delicious. What else do you want in your recipes? Am I right or am I right?
It’s fresh and perfect for these last few weeks of summer when the temps are still pretty high! The salad is really light, which goes well by itself or as a side with some protein! I personally love this with steak! Or by itself for lunch! Either way, it can’t be beat!
- 3 cups of dry pasta (I used farfalle but feel free to use any of your fave pasta shapes!)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons or even smaller if preferred
- 3/4 of a pint of cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced as the same size as you cut the cucumber
- 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed into fresh juice
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta to al dente, following the directions from the package. Make sure to drain and run under cold water. Then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped/sliced veggies to the pasta, and drizzle with the dressing. Mix it all together until the pasta salad is well coated.
- Add feta and serve!
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- If you want it with a spicy kick, add some red pepper flakes to the dresssing!
Do you guys like pasta salads?? Do you have a favorite one that you recommend? I’d love to know more since these are always so refreshing and perfect for those busy days!!
Don’t forget to pin it!