Quick Greek Pasta Salad
Did you know that August is national salad month? Who knew there was such a thing?! Nonetheless, I had to share this awesome and easy greek pasta salad, and I’m guessing the timing just worked out perfectly! It’s got three key components: easy, quick, delicious. What else do you want in your recipes? Am I right or am I right?
It’s fresh and perfect for these last few weeks of summer when the temps are still pretty high! The salad is really light, which goes well by itself or as a side with some protein! I personally love this with steak! Or by itself for lunch! Either way, it can’t be beat!
- 3 cups of dry pasta (I used farfalle but feel free to use any of your fave pasta shapes!)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons or even smaller if preferred
- 3/4 of a pint of cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced as the same size as you cut the cucumber
- 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed into fresh juice
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta to al dente, following the directions from the package. Make sure to drain and run under cold water. Then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped/sliced veggies to the pasta, and drizzle with the dressing. Mix it all together until the pasta salad is well coated.
- Add feta and serve!
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- If you want it with a spicy kick, add some red pepper flakes to the dresssing!
Do you guys like pasta salads?? Do you have a favorite one that you recommend? I’d love to know more since these are always so refreshing and perfect for those busy days!!
Don’t forget to pin it!
Mmmm one of my fave pastas, looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
tineke - workingmommyabroad
Big pasta salad fan here! Have pinned for later use 🙂
Brittany~Follow the Dyers
Looks like it would be so good! Thanks!
This looks so amazing! I need to make a batch of this to snack on at work! Pinned! 🙂
We love pasta salads! This looks scrumptious.
This looks SO delicious! Thanks for the recipe 🙂
I love pasta salads, too! Pinning your recipe to my “Salad Recipe” board! Looks delicious and your photos look great!
Awesome recipe! Looks very delicious and nice combination of ingredients you got there.
Dawnene - Beans & Peanuts
This sounds so light, healthy and delicious! AND easy. Can’t wait to try
Ahh i didn’t know August was salad month but yay, i love salad!
This recipe looks so easy and delicious.
I think i will be giving it a try soon.
This looks fresh and delicious! I had no idea August was salad month either!