Easy Asian Noodles
Sometimes you need to eat a giant bowl of noodles. And if you don’t agree, I’m not sure we can be friends. Noodles are like my love language, and if I could, I’m pretty sure I could eat them all day, err day.
Take out isn’t always an option since it takes five-eva sometimes, but with staples in the pantry and 30 minutes, I whipped out this super easy version of asian takeout! It was basically one pot, and it fed all four of us, and I have enough for lunch tomorrow for me!
- 8 ounces of noodles. You can use any noodles (spaghetti/fettuccine/etc..I happened to have some of the asian noodles pictured below so I ended up using those.)
- 1 whole bell pepper (red or green), sliced. OR you can do half of each one which is what I did!
- 1 carrot, sliced into little coins
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of snap peas
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of peanuts, or leave them out if you don’t like em’!
NOTE: You can add meat like shrimp or chicken, but I didn’t have any on hand so these ended up being vegetarian this time around!
For the sauce //
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and then set aside.
- Boil the noodles according to the package. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add onions, and a little bit of the sauce mix and saute for a few minutes.
- Stir in the bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and snap peas. Saute for about 3-4 minutes, just until a little tender.
- Add the noodles and the rest of the sauce mixture and give it a stir. Saute for another 5 minutes.
- For the last part, stir in the peanuts and serve!
Happy Tuesday! Hope you guys enjoy them!
Do you have a favorite, easy noodle recipe?? I’d love to know what it is!!