I heart Indian food. I’m sure I’m being partial given that I’m Indian, but the flavors are immense and can be life altering. There is this tiny problem though which is that most Indian food takes quite a few steps, and sometimes can take a little bit of time to prepare. Time is something that is most precious around here and I’m sure as hell not going to waste it by standing at the stove when there is a shortcut. I love shortcuts. They rock my world pretty much. And any time I find one, I always like to share because I assume most people (especially fellow mamas) appreciate shortcuts.
Oh, I also heart Trader Joe’s. My friend introduced me to this wonderful sauce called “Simmer Sauce” and now I like to keep at least two jars in my pantry. They make for the easiest Indian meals such as this chicken curry.
The other shortcut I have is this chicken that my grocery store sells. It’s sliced thighs that are already cooked and they taste amazing. Of course if your store doesn’t have this, just use a rotisserie chicken that you’ve pulled apart!
Alright, so let’s get down to it.
– 1 packet of cooked chicken thighs cut into strips OR a rotisserie chicken pulled and shredded apart
– 1/2 red onion, diced
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– Trader Joe’s Simmer Sauce
– 1 tbsp of EVOO
– salt to taste
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a medium to large sized pan and add in the onion and cloves. Saute for about 3-4 minutes, or until they start to soften. Now add the bell pepper and stir for another 5 minutes.
2. Throw in the chicken and mix it all together. Last but not least, add about 1/2 – 3/4 of the jar of sauce and stir it all. Put a cover on it and let it simmer on low for about 10-12 minutes!
You can serve this over rice or with some naan! Super and ridiculously easy!
Dinner on the table in about 20 minutes!