Simple Pasta Sauce for Babies
Sometimes it’s so difficult to know where to begin with what to feed your baby. I remember a couple of months ago when I wanted to make Aria applesauce and I didn’t even peel the apples because I just didn’t have a clue! It’s all a learning curve I guess!
But then, you get to that point when your babies start to eat solids but you are sick of feeding them just pureed fruits and veggies after a few months. I hit that point a couple of weeks ago and realized it was time to grow my little Aria’s palette. What did I turn to? PASTA!!
I love pasta and most kids do as well from what I can tell. I figured why not take some yummy vegetables and turn it into a great sauce to pour over some baby pasta!
And just in case you were wondering, this is totally for adults too! So basically, one meal for you and your babies! WIN! I love this stuff. I eat it sometimes too at lunch with her. It is truly delicious so even if you don’t have babies, keep reading. You may just want to make this as well!
1 zucchini, peeled and sliced
1 yellow squash, peeled and sliced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 of a yellow onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced (you can also just use the shredded stuff which is what I use sometimes because I tend to have it on hand…timesaver!)
1 garlic clove, crushed
Pinch of salt (optional)
2 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of cream cheese (optional)
12-15 oz of water
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium to high heat. Throw in the onions and garlic, and saute for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the tomatoes and stir for another 5 minutes or until you start to see the tomatoes getting soft.
3. Now, add in the zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots. Saute for about 10-12 minutes. Add the pinch of salt.
4. Add about 12 oz. of water. You want enough water to barely cover it all. Put a lid on it and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. When you come back to check on it, the vegetables should be soft.
5. Turn it off and let it cool for a little bit before you blend it.
6. After it’s cooled, spoon out the vegetables and put it in the blender. You only want a little bit of the water to help blend it. Start with a little bit, and increase as you go along to get the consistency you are looking for. At this point, throw in the cream cheese for a quick way to make it more creamy.
Spoon it over some pasta and you are in business!
NOTE: I made sure Aria had all these vegetables on their own before putting it all together in a sauce.
If you have no babies and you’ve made it this far into reading this post, trust me you can still make this sauce for you! I would definitely up the salt to your liking, and maybe even add another tablespoon of cream cheese to get it creamier! YUM. You can just pour it over pasta, use it as a base sauce for pizza, or even use it to pour over grilled chicken or fish! Trust me, this sauce is delicious and so versatile!
Let me know how you plan on using it!
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Bloglovin
P.S. – I’m not a nutritionist…just a momma with a baby girl making different recipes!